When you click on Test Command Settings during Email Listener Activity configuration, you receive the error message: Cannot connect to the specified mail account using the specified connection information. The error displays in the PANAM event log.
Rebex.Net.ImapException exception was thrown.
Description: AUTHENTICATE failed (NO).
StackTrace: at Rebex.Net.Imap.AU(String A, ImapResponse B, Boolean C)
at Rebex.Net.Imap.XU(String A, String B)
at Rebex.Net.Imap.TU(String A, String B, ImapAuthentication C, GssApiProvider D)
at Rebex.Net.Imap.AP(String A, String B, ImapAuthentication C)
at PNMsoft.Sequence.Jobs.Listeners.Email.Design.Services.EmailAccountManagementService.Validate(EmailProtocol protocol, String emailServer, Int32 port, String credentialName, SslMode sslMode)
There are two possible causes.
- The email account is incorrect.
- The password is longer than 15 characters.
7.9 and later.
Verify the following information.
- The email account follows the convention: email@example.com, not domain\john.
- The password for the email account is 15 characters or less.
- The email service is configured to connect to third-party applications. For example, in Gmail, make sure you enable Gmail to connect to less secure apps.