Starting with V10.0, Cora SeQuence has been renamed to Cora Orchestration.
The Job Execution Service (JES) is an integral part of the Cora SeQuence and Cora Orchestration functionality. JES is deployed as part of the installation and continues to run in the background at all times.
JES is a Windows service that is responsible for executing several jobs, each of which performs one of the following actions:
- Collect and archive data
- Retrieve archived data
- Synchronize the operational database with Elasticsearch database
- Send conversation emails
- Auto populate address book from conversation emails
- Migrate files
- Start a workflow
- Listen to emails
- Listen to a Kafka Subscriber
- Listen to Azure Service Bus queues
- Listen to Message Bus queues
Unlike the BRS threads that are configured via the BRS config file, all the above jobs are configured from the Cora SeQuence and Cora Orchestration Admin site.
For more details, see the JobExecutionServiceOverview.pdf.