In some scenarios, you may need fulfilment of some criteria or follow a process just before the case is moved to pending closure status. In such scenarios, the Pre Pending Closure hook in Cora OpsManager allows the developers to connect workflow before the case is moved to pending closure status.
These workflows are referred to as Pre Pending Closure workflows. They can be blocking and may not allow sending a case for pending closure until a response is received from the workflow.
To create a workflow that hold the logic of Pre Pending Closure (all the activities that needs to be done before the case goes to Pending Closure status),
- On the Admin console, go to Workflows > All workflows.
- Create a copy of ICM Pre Pending Closure Request workflow without changing the Input and Output activities.
- On Admin console Global Settings > Application Variable and update these app variables:
- OPM.IsExecutePrePendingClosureWorkflow: Value 0 or 1 to determine whether case Pending Closure execution is needed or not.
- OPM.IsPrePendingClosureBlocking: Value 0 or 1 to determine whether pre Pending Closure workflow will block the case until a response is received (1) or not (0). In case it is blocking, the case is not moved to pending closure, and is not visible to Operators until a response is received from the workflow. In case it is non-blocking, the case is moved to pending closure status, and the activities in the workflow are performed in the background.
You must use blocking, if your answer depends on decisions that will be made during the workflow.
- OPM.PrePendingClosureWorkflowGuid: the Pre Pending Closure Execution workflow spaceguid.
In the end, this workflow will return the following two values:
- Result–Yes or No
If the result is Yes, the case status changes to Pending Closure, a notification is added to the case conversation tab, and a record is added to the audit log.