Use the Web Service Input Activity to select a Web service and method that you want to listen to in a dynamic workflow.
- Use this activity as part of workflow that also contains a Web Service Output Activity.
- Name: the name you select affects the virtual and local path.
- Method List (left panel): your selection in this list affects the content that displays in the XSD structure and details area. You can add, edit, or delete methods defined in this listener.
- XSD structure and details (middle panel): the structure displays according to the selected method and the selected message (response or request).
- Element Properties (right panel): set and modify the element type and advance settings for the selected element.
XML Schema Area
- Describes the structure or our WSDL document used in the method's request and response. If you have a complex-type object that you want to use more than one time in your WSL, you can define its structure here.
- To create an array element, you must specify that the Max Occurs property of its <sequence> is unbounded, and the Min Occurs and Max Occurs property of the entity is set to 1.
View WSDL Area
- This is where you can view the WSL's Web Services Description Language (WSDL), which is an XML-based language for describing Web Services, how to access the services, and the elements' attributes.
|Want to learn by doing? |
Check out this hands-on exercise.
Note that only internal users can access the link.