The Flowtime Lite portal is a Flowtime site application specially designed for the Lite users (mainly external users like customers' customers), who need to create and manage new cases and communicate on these cases via the portal.
You need to configure the Flowtime Lite portal to have its own business solutions and workflows to enable external users to create and manage cases in the portal. You need to integrate the Flowtime Lite portal with an internal system where the created cases are actually managed and processed. The internal system can be Cora SeQuence or any third party solution that can be integrated with the Lite solution.
Watch a demo of a possible implementation scenario.
Configure the Flowtime Lite portal
Configuring the Flowtime Lite portal involves the following steps:
1. Create a solution and workflows for the Flowtime Lite portal
Similar to the Flowtime portal, for the Flowtime Lite portal, you need to create a generic solution and workflows for your business processes to work. For details on creating solutions, see this article.
The Lite Portal does not support HotOperations solutions.
In the solution configuration:
- Enable the LiteMessage conversation type. For details, see this article.
- Create a Sent message workflow trigger to make sure a message is sent through the Flowtime Lite portal to the internal system.
For the workflows, configure the following:
- In the master workflow, include the following three mandatory Global variables:
- ftlCaseSubject: value assigned is the case subject.
- ftlCaseStatus: value assigned is the case status at each stage.
- ftlCaseRead: decides whether the case item in the portal grid appears as having an unread item in it or not. Value can be True or False.
Value assignment of all variables is the implementation responsibility except for when ftlCaseRead value is set to false.
- Create a variable in the Flowtime Lite portal solution to hold the Internal system identifier.
- Make sure the owner of the case is the Lite user intended to see the case.
- Add in Cases a Sent LiteMessage in the initial stage to trigger the internal system. This initial LiteMessage appears as the first message in the Conversations View to the end user.
- Create integration between the Flowtime Lite portal and the internal system solution via HTTP, emails, and service bus.
2. Create a solution and workflows for the Internal system
An internal system can be any third-party system or a Cora SeQuence system. For the latter, create HotOperation or a generic solution and workflows.
For details on creating the HotOperation solutions, see this article.
Any case created in the Flowtime Lite portal should create a corresponding case in the Internal system.
Messages from the Lite portal that appear in the Internal system can be displayed in any format with or without the Conversations View. There is an InternalMessage type provided as an option to communicate between the cases in the Flowtime Lite portal and the Internal system.
For details, see this article.
Create a variable in the internal system solution to hold the Flowtime Lite portal identifier.