Task conversation type is a Conversations View component that enables the end-users to create ad-hoc tasks and monitor new tasks from within the case conversations.
Configuring a Task conversation type is similar to configuring other conversation types.
Ad-hoc conversation tasks are Conversation View records. To make them actionable, you need to set up an infrastructure to create and send the actual task to the relevant recipients. You can use the State Triggered Workflows or the Client API for this purpose.
Enable Task conversation item
- In the Administration site, select the Solution for which you want to enable the Task conversation.
- In the Solution Components section, click Conversations View.
- In the Conversation View window:
- Under General Setting > Conversation Types, select the Task conversation type.
- under General Setting > State Triggered Workflows, add status change handlers for event handling.
For details, see the Configure state triggered workflows section below.
- Under Task Settings, add task templates and types.
|Task Templates||Create task templates that can be applied by the end users when setting up a task.|
|Task Types||Set up the types of tasks end users can select while creating tasks.|
For example, you can create a task for SMEs, SME Request.
You can customize the content of the recipients list, and assign existing task templates to a particular task type.
Add Task conversation type to the Conversations View through built-in command
To add Task conversation type to the Conversations View, you can use the Create Conversation Item built-in-command.
- Add a Built-In Command activity.
- Select Case Operations > Create Conversation Item.
- Click Next.
- Add the following command parameters:
- workflowInstanceId: the master or the sub workflow Id.
- conversationItemState: Incoming, but can be any state.
For details, see this article.
- ConversationItem: TaskConversationItem
- ToId: The Id of the user or group the task is to be assigned to.
- ToType: Value can be User or Group.
- Completed: whether the task appears completed or not. Relevant only for Incoming state. Value can be True or False.
- Subject: Task subject.
- Type: type of the task.
- DueDate: due date of the task. Relevant only for Sent state.
- RelatedConversationItem: link between the sent and response tasks. The value should be the ConversationItemId.
- createdByUserId: the current user executing the built-in command.
- Click Finish.
Make sure you have Execute permissions in the master workflow.
Configure state triggered workflows
You can set workflows that are triggered automatically as soon as the Task status changes. For details on configuring state triggered workflows, see the Configure state triggered workflows section in this article.
For details on supported states, see this article.
Localization of Task conversation type is supported by default.
For details on multilingual configuration, see this article.
The conversation component is translated according to form's Globalization settings:
- if Localizable = False, use the Language activity definition
- if Localizable = True, use the user's language