Text Classification is an Artificial Intelligence activity to add text mining functionality to your workflow instance. It helps classify incoming data per selected models and topics.
A text model, searches for related words and returns their count that users can display and use for different purposes.
You can add text models and topics in the Administration site, which can be selected in this activity.
Add, edit or delete text model
In the Administration site, go to Administration > Global Settings > Text Classification Models.
- To add a new model, click +Add New Record.
- Add model name and topics.
- To add new topic, click +Add New Record.
- Add topic name and related words.
- Click Save.
The models and topics added here are displayed in the model list for selection, while configuring Text Classification activity.
To edit a model, click edit icon for a model from the list. Make changes, and click Update.
To delete a model, click the delete icon X for a model from the list.
- Tagging emails: Text classification functionality is applied on incoming emails to identify customer satisfaction through email tagging. A text model is created with three topics, Satisfied, Neutral, and Not Satisfied with related words. The appearance of related words in email subject and body identifies the topics, and tags the email to it. These email tags can be used to analyze customer satisfaction.
- Request classification and task assignment: Text classification activity picks topics from the received requests, classifies the text and feeds the result to an assign activity that assigns these requests to relevant teams for processing.
Configure Text Classification activity
- Add Text Classification activity to your workflow.
- In Text Classification Properties screen, enter a name for the activity, and then click Next.
- Select Text Classification Model from list, and then click Next.
You can also add, edit or delete a model from here. Click New..., Edit..., and Delete respectively.
- In Model Details screen,
- Enter a model name.
- Click +Add Topic, to add a new topic to model.
- In Topic Details screen, enter a topic name.
You need to enter a unique topic name.
- Add related words. Use comma (,) separated values to enter multiple related words.
- Click OK.
- In Model Details screen, click OK.
- On Text Selection screen,
- Click Text to classify ellipsis to add an expression that will result in data on which classification will be done.
- Add maximum number of results to be returned after classification.
The text classification can return many results, but only set maximum number of results are displayed.
- Click Finish.
At present, only English language is supported for text classification. English stopwords are not classified with this functionality.
For list of stopwords, see this page.