The Background Runtime Service (BRS) is an integral part of the functionality of Cora SeQuence. BRS is a Windows service that includes several threads. Each of these threads is responsible for performing one of the following actions:
- Redirect workflows
- Send emails
- Control workflow status
- Execute the Database Listener activity
- Calculate workflow statistics
- Sync work with other BRS instances
- Clean the table of temporary attachments
- Move closed process instances to separate tables
- Create reminders
- Resume workflow execution
Each of the above threads includes configuration options, such as how often and when to perform the action.
To learn more about the configuration options, view this guide.